Depth in Design
What is depth?
- Depth is the creation of something more than what is required or minimal.
- Depth is something which seems arbitrary, but which you are sure has some
- Depth is the hidden, the unclear, the difficult, the different.
- Depth is abundance and sometimes refinement.
- Depth is theatre and ritual.
- Depth is meaning.
Where does it fit in?
- Depth is often the frustration of need, the need to know, the need to
understand, even the need to accomplish a task.
- Depth is an unknown force in our environment, or a smug feeling of knowing
- Depth is the lack of information, the missing puzzle-piece, removed to
move the user.
- Depth is an appeal to the senses, a riot of exploration, and sometimes a
hint of sublime realisation.
- Depth is connection and shared experience, knowledge which binds those who
- Depth is the hidden pattern revealed, the idea found, the reality
Why are we attracted to depth?
- Depth confounds our needs, denies understanding, induces anxiety.
- Depth explored is a safety, we know, we belong, we are safe.
- Depth is the mark of the human, a mind frozen in play.
- Depth is the maze of minds, the labyrinth of meaning.
- Depth is sensuality of thought, of feeling, of hope and loss.
- Depth is the sublime, the delicate, the powerful, the raw.
Please link, don't copy.
This work is Copyright (c) Mike Fletcher 1997